Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Magic

No, not the rabbit-in-a-hat-kind, but the geeks-who-play-cards kind.

It's our new entertainment at The Lab on Saturdays and Sundays when we've hauled bootie and finished all our processing early. I never understood the game before, and there is still a lot of learning to be done, but a fancy little 'blue deck' has been created and slowly but surely, Ms.B is going to figure this game out!

I am also trying to build a red/white deck all by myself. I have no clue what I'm doing, but it sure is fun. A whole lot of planning and organizing goes in to making a deck. And then, once you have a perfect set of cards, you still have to be lucky enough to pull the right ones in the right order when you play. Can I just tell you how annoying it is when you KNOW you can beat the person you are playing... if only that darn mana would come out of your deck!? HA!

A few folks at work told me the game promotes devil worship. I don't understand where they are coming from. It's a card game with wizards and dragons and gnomes. I suppose those folks think Harry Potter will corrupt me too. But that's okay. They are welcome to their beliefs. While they are praying for my soul each Saturday/Sunday night, I'll be at a table with a large group of great friends having a whole lot of fun!

By the way, this is my favorite card. It's nearly useless in the game, but this little guy is sooooo cute! I call him Timmy!



I love you, Timmy!

No comments: