Monday, September 17, 2007

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Tradition states that on your first wedding anniversary you present "paper" to your spouse. And thus it was that one year ago, today, we took possession of The Haven. Our "paper" was in the form of a mortgage. Life doesn't get much more thrilling than that. At least not in my boring world.


Traditional Celebration of Year 1: CHECK!


This morning was supposed to be exciting. Our second anniversary. The theme for a 2nd Anniversary? Cotton. Traditionally you present cotton. Fun ideas that I found online suggest beach towels for an amazing vacation. Maybe new bed linen, attractive underwear or lingerie, a hammock, personalized T-shirt, cotton clothing or a cotton canvas shopping bag with your photo on the front. Alas, I woke up this morning in dire need of a different kind of "cotton".

o.o



I'll spare you most of the disgusting details although I must say:

1) I thought that birth control was supposed to help you "control" when this sort of thing happens. And BOY did it happen. What the heck?

2) WAH! Not on our pretty new bed linen! Why, oh why!!

3) I don't think my DH will eat gummy candies for a long time thanks to my comparison of them to something I found floating in my bathwater shortly after I got out of bed.

4) Bless the DH's heart for zipping off to the store in order to purchase the items necessary for me to go about my crampy, grouchy day.


Traditional, though unconventional, Celebration of Year 2: CHECK!



Ms.B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the traditional 3rd Anniversary gift.....

LEATHER!!!!!

DH

Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I wait in suspense for your update next year.