Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It's a Carnival! .... oh joy

This Saturday will be the annual Facility Carnival for our care center. Most years I've been up to my armpits in crafts and paint for a good two months prior to now. This year, however, there were enough distractions that I didn't take a look at what we had (and would need) until this past weekend.

My kitchen at the Haven is buried under a pile of wooden bird houses, etched glass ornaments and fake flowers. All waiting to be prettied up with color and detailed touches. I'm told I'm rather good at that stuff. Butter me up much? Every time I walk through the kitchen my anxiety builds. Partly because I know there is a lot of work to do before Saturday, and also because I like my kitchen table clean. Thank goodness it will all be resolved by Saturday.

And then I'll not want to paint a dang thing for a whole year!

No comments: