Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ah... HEAVEN!

Each time I attend a concert, I leave the venue thinking "That was the best show I've ever seen."

But really, THIS was the best show I've ever seen. I'm normally a fan of more upbeat music but Josh Groban was AMAZING! There is nothing quite as satisfying to the soul than a performer who can take their radio hit and reproduce it live in a fashion that is better than the studio version.

*happy sigh*

Prediction #1 came true. My ears are still ringing. Prediction #2 fell flat. The only person who lost their top was the husband of the woman next to me who tore his shirt off to get the attention of their friends on the other side of the arena. !!! Oh my! Thank goodness they spotted him quickly and the man quickly re-dressed himself. I almost died from laughing.

The crowd was already buzzing with anticipation for the show when a charming man with a killer British accent introduced himself and explained that OUR SHOW was the one that was being filmed for the DVD Special of Mr. Groban's AWAKE tour. That announcement was the one time during the night where the crowd went into a bit of a teenie-bopper frenzy. I expected panties and bras to go flying... and maybe even a pace-maker or two!! Yowsa.

But honestly, it was a great show. Josh Groban is a talented man that delivers an amazing performance that showcases not only his soft-as-velvet pipes but the musicians on the stage with him. I could gush about all the fun moments here in this blog entry but I have the luxury of being a little lazy and just saying "Buy the DVD this winter."

And just maybe you'll see me on it... though you'll never know. Mua ha ha.


Ms.B

No comments: