Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Memories of Girls Camp

*Realizing I should have grabbed a fist-full of toilet seat liners before heading into the wilderness.

*Enjoying the energy and innocence of young girls and realizing that it really hasn't been that long since I experienced it myself.

*Decorating a pillow case with markers that have a 105% chance of washing off if said pillow is laundered.

*Hunting for Snipes.

*An air mattress that, without fail, goes flat 5 minutes after being inflated

*Sleeping on nice, soft rocks all night. Comfy.

*Forgetting my pillow

*The DH coming to my rescue with one he picked up at the Wal-Mart.

*DH also picking up a foam pad so that I felt fewer rocks the 2nd night at camp.

*Seeing some of the girls cook or do dishes for the first time. (!!)

*Never has a hot dog tasted sooo good! I normally LOATH hot dogs. Blah.

*Throwing gooey pieces of donut to a chipmunk and watching it do a somersault while trying to lick the last bits of cream off its toes.

*Packing up the last few pieces of equipment for the trip home.


....................

Good times, good times. I might even consider going again next year... if they dare ask me!

Ms.B

No comments: