Friday, May 9, 2008

Can't Fool This Girl

It's rigged. Every year it is. "Talent Show", my ass. "Reality TV", Phooie! "Entertaining"? HELL YEAH!... sometimes.

This year's American Idol has been somewhat fun to watch. For the first time since Season 2 I am actually tuning to see what happens. Okay, I confess, this past week I blew it off. Didn't care. But over-all, good times.

I'm sure I'll catch the finale. The big Hoorah! The show where they crown David Cook the winner. You heard me. David Cook, the next American Idol. I'm fully aware that they've pimped out David Archuletta all season long. And that little guy is amazing. No, I'm not saying that just because he goes to my old high school. No, I'm not saying that because my sister is one of his classmates. No, I'm not saying that because one of my favorite teachers is now his high school principal. David A. really is a great singer. But David Cook is also a major talent and will make A.I. more money.

KACHING!

It's all about the benjamins, folks. And A.I. is only pimping little David A. so that when the finale comes around they can all "change allegiances" to David C. and make it seem like he made a glorious come back. Big shocking finish!

But they can't fool me. Oh no. I am on to their schemes. And when, two weeks from now, they announce Mr. Cook the victor I will gladly throw my hands up in the air and say "I TOLD you so!".


Ms.B

No comments: