Ya know, I always describe myself as one who likes to "fly under the radar" as far as work is concerned. I enjoy just doing my thing, improving things where possible and being left alone. In some ways this job has been that for me. Unfortunately a boss that ignores you while you do your thing has a few draw-backs. Not only do you get no acknowledgment in general... the only feedback you get is negative. No notice of all the extra stuff I'm trying to do: keeping two departments afloat and working as a floor staff as well while we're short. No, I get yelled at and given mean looks in the hallway because the supervisors are not helping me get the staff in for fingerprinting. (If you haven't lived in-state for 5 consistent years it is policy to fingerprint upon hire.) There is a list of six people who need these fingerprints done. Only 6! And their hours are goofy. Graveyards, only 5-10 p.m.- half shifts, etc. I've been reminding the supervisors to get their staff in for fingerprints for fucking weeks. I can't do it alone.
Apparently I need to hold people's hands and do their jobs for them. Because the three I'm doing already aren't enough. And I better get cracking on it soon or I might get yelled at in front of my co-workers. Again. With no chance given to explain myself.
Shit.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment