Saturday, June 21, 2008

Drout

I've been doing so much thinking internally lately that I haven't taken the time to blog the way I normally do. Other than my dramatic week at work I've not shared much of any of my thoughts.

I'm disappointed that I didn't blog during Kim's visit to Utah. She came while I was on vacation and we had the most wonderful time. DH and I plotted ways to kidnap her but realized that all our other Neopet Friends from the chat room would know who had done the dirty deed since they were all aware that we were hogging the attention of one of their favorite neo-friends. We'll have to plot more sneakily for her next visit (which might be in a couple of months.)

Last weekend I went to see my 94 year-old grandmother in Wyoming. She's at her home for the last time this summer. She can't take care of herself and the cost to maintain her property is rising. The kids plan to empty her house this fall and rent/sell the property. My grandmother is resisting but its obvious that she can NOT be on her own. Her vision is gone. She can't even walk down a few steps without assistance, let alone live in her home. But it was lovely to spend time with her in her own house a final time. DH and I are plotting to make one last quick trip up next weekend. I think that will be an emotional trip and the emotions that will be involved with it might make me unable to blog. I don't have a magical way with words the way true writers do. I can blog in a way that expresses some emotion but not when it comes to the deep stuff. No no. Somehow, typing the words "I'm sad." just doesn't do the trick. Dammit.

Ms.B

3 comments:

smarmoofus said...

Sometimes "I'm sad" says it all.

...

I wanted to just say that and nothing else, for impact, but I have to comment on your abandoned kidnap plans: HA HA! You missed your chance! *sticks tongue out*

-smarmoofus

Ms.Behaved said...

Yes, but I hear that we might have a second shot at it in September some time... if a certain wheelie girl comes through town again. BWA HA HA HA *ahem*

smarmoofus said...

Actually, the end of August... this month! And it depends on whether Kaknu is going to Vegas at the first weekend of September. She might be canceling because of childcare issues.... I'll coordinate with you before I start driving all that way and demand shelter. *grin*

-smarmoofus