Monday, May 18, 2009

Dream Schedule

One more shift left in my first ever 7-on week. Yes, that's right folks. I have achieved my long-desired 7-on/7-off schedule. A single 10-hour shift stands between me and an entire week off from work. A week off that isn't a long-awaited vacation but rather just the days no one will expect me in the lab.

FREAKIN' AWESOME! I technically only work half of the year.

Yes, in case no one can tell, I'm very excited.

*twirls*


On a sadder note, DH and I have decided that Chloe, the wiener, isn't doing well in our home. She'll still be a great pet for someone else. Just not us. We aren't home often enough to let her outside to go wee. She can only hold it for about 5 hours. She needs a family with a stay-at-home person who can cater to her bladder needs. We've spoke with a few local rescues and one of them has agreed to take her. They are finding her a foster home even as I type this blog entry. I'm super sad. But I know its best for her, even if I'll be doing a fair share of crying. In a small way this must be what a new mother goes through when she decides to adopt out her baby.

*sigh*


Ms.B

No comments: