...endure all the heart-ache at once.
We've talked about finding Fluffy a new home for a while now and this week we put an ad up on a local classified site. I honestly didn't think she'd be desired so quickly. With the over-flowing kitten population, an adult cat isn't normally wanted very often. I imagined updating the add weekly and spending a couple of months finding a perfect home.
Not so! I placed her profile yesterday. The first person who called didn't receive a reply from us-- we could tell she wasn't a fit. But the second woman who contacted us seems great. She asked all the right questions (i.e. "How old is she?", "Is she spayed?", "Does she get along with dogs?", etc.) and seemed very nice. I couldn't ask for more in a new owner. She even used the terms "Forever Family" and "If you'll let me have her I'd be proud to be her new Mama."
I'm sold. She can adopt me too.
It might be crazy to re-home two pets in the same week, but its not like this was a whim. And its all in the best interest of my sweeties. Losing Chloe was much harder than having Fluffy move on will be. Chloe is older and we were together a long time. She was the first dog that was mine. Fluffy is young and has her whole life ahead of her. She'll settle in and forget we ever existed. She's gonna be just fine.
And once the pain of change passes, the Haven will be just fine too.
Ms.B
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment