Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hipaa Shmippa

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act

In my line of work I see many many bits of private information that can NOT be shared with anyone unless they work with me and have a need to know the information in order to perform their job duties.

Because of this I am annoyed as hell that I can't share the nitty gritty details my exciting experience at work today. Samples, left and right. Blood, poop, fluids, stones... even babies in jars. I see all sorts of gross/exciting stuff come through the lab. It's thrilling at times. Sooooo interesting.

Today the friend who often sits behind me tapped me on the shoulder and showed me his paperwork.

Friend: Do you think it could be him? It's a rather distinct name. I doubt anyone else has it! And look at the hospital these samples came from!

Ms.B: *looks* Wow! And his birthday--- the age is totally right!

DH: *looks at paper too then goes to his computer* I just 'googled' his name and the birthday online matches your paperwork. It's totally him!

Friend/Ms.B/DH: !!!!!!


Today, I held a little piece of Hollywood in my hand!


Ms.B

2 comments:

DH said...

Tee hee hee

Ms.Behaved said...

DH! Do not mock me! I HAD to ask where the samples were and check them out. Whew knew that fancy, rich Hollywood types' serum and plasmas look just like us regular folks'. Fanscinating.

@_@