As per my Facebook Account update that was posted this morning:
Dear Friends and Family,
That I am not a naturally gifted writer is no secret. It is right now, sitting in front of this screen, that I suddenly wish I did have the sort of natural talent that would cause me to be able to just toss a bunch of words up here for you all to read-- the words that I am struggling to find to explain what is happening in my life. Why can't anything about this situation be easy? I think I deserve a break! Come on fate, throw me a bone!
Most close friends and family are already aware of the information I am about to share, and a few others will find out soon, via phone calls. But since it would take hours to explain properly, and since there are so many people who deserve the explanation, and since I have a massive load of preparations to make and can't spend multiple hours x200 to pass on the info, I hope you will all understand this informal internet approach. After all, isn't juicy gossip and updating what Facebook is all about?
Grab some popcorn. Pull up a chair. It's story time!
Summer 2004: I met my best friend. The most amazing person I've ever known in my life. Having known many terrific people, I'm sure you will understand what high praise this is. Greg and I instantly connected. Loved each other from the start. Couldn't NOT have the other in our lives. And so we married.
We got married and I've had the most wonderfully happy and rewarding and satisfying five years of my existence. It's funny how twists and turns come at us as we go about our days. Some folks might say they "knew all along" and others will be shocked… stunned, even. It is important to know that Greg and I are still the best of friends. I think we always will be. But now that there has been enough time for adjustment, and now that Greg is ready, he is about to embark on a new adventure. An adventure called "Life Without Hiding". Is he still the same Greg you've always known? Yes. Is anything about him going to change in the future? Hell no. So really, unless you are the type that can't suppress bigoted thoughts, nothing about your feelings for him should change when you realize that he officially 'came out of the closet' this past weekend. Yes, Greg is a gay man.
Although nothing changes, as far as “Greg- the person” goes, there are obviously going to be alterations in his life. He is losing his long-time redheaded roommate some time in the next month or two. Now that he’s ready to have his fresh start in life, I am going to leave our home and the furry children we’ve shared and go on an adventure of my own. Well, ‘most’ of the furry children. Naturally, Sir Gus would not appreciate being left behind. Where Lindsie goes, so goes Gus. Inseparable duo, we are. Remember my dreams of warmth and palm trees? Well, its coming true. I don’t have a specific date set, as of yet, but I am on my way. Orlando, Florida, here we come!
And there you have it. I’m losing a husband, but I’m not losing my friend. If I had to do it all over again I’d still marry the guy and enjoy our perfect five years. No regrets. I still have him, his wonderful family, and what feels like a lifetime of fond memories.
Now a fresh start and a whole new beginning awaits me.
p.s. If you want more details on the situation, you are welcome to call us. I’m still a highly private person, but I am happy to share needed information. Of course, if you are friends with both Greg and me, it will be more appropriate that you contact him. His own Facebook Note will give more info, of course, if by chance you’ve not yet read it. --L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
*Hugs* hope both DH and you are feeling OK.
Post a Comment