Monday, February 12, 2007

Glum weather, glum mood...

The annual February Cold that sweeps through work, wreaking havoc, making eyes puffy and voices gruff claimed a new victim this year. ME! Normally I have the stamina and immune system savy to avoid this nasty bugger. Do I get sick? Yes. But every other year I have managed to avoid this particular pain in the @$$. That it hit me the very week I began a second job is just kissmet. Luckily I managed to drag myself into both jobs with my "happy face" on and didn't let on how achey and tired I was. My voice managed to hang on until the weekend really began so all is well.

The rain that fell on Saturday and Sunday was a perfect reflection of how I was feeling. There were so many projects on the "to do" list this weekend. Little things that would tie up the last loose ends on some of the remodeling. Small starts for preparing for the next few rooms that need to be done. None of it was accomplished. Instead, I spent my time in my jammies laying in bed, sleeping soundly on my drooly pillow. When I did have energy I sat in my office chair at the computer, staring at the screen like a zombie. NeoPets was my entertainment. I must have been running around playing games for hours and I still haven't figured out how to get past level 1. Pretty sad considering that you can get all the way to level 250!

And now it is Monday. I'm at work and doing well, all things considered. I'll make it through the day, drive home, and have a personal "Poor Me" pity party (complete with icecream). By this time next week all my dreary thoughts and emotions will be forgotten.

I'm not a firm believer that time heals ALL wounds, but I know for a fact that it erases memories of pity parties.

Ms.B

No comments: