Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Someone's credit card isn't going to work for long...

*ring ring*

Ms.B: Hello?

Automated System: Hello. This is Discover Financial's Fraud Prevention department. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you shortly.

Ms.B thinks: ... What the hell? I'm on hold? You called ME!

Automated System: Hello. This is Discover Financial's Fraud Prevention department. Please stay on the line and a representative will be with you shortly. (message begins to repeat over and over...)

Ms.B thinks: ... Wait, did they say fraud prevention?? Oh no! Someone has stolen my information and gone on a binge! I'll kill them. What is going on here?

Operator: Hi, this is Tammy. Can I please speak to Michelle Mitchell?

Ms.B thinks: MICHELLE? !! ??!@#$!@*!
Ms.B SAYS: My name isn't Michelle and I've had this phone for almost two years. Sorry.

Operator: I'm sorry. I'll take this number off the account.

*****

Odd. I'm normally rather annoyed at this point when Michelle's people call me. Today I just feel sad for her. Even her credit card company doesn't have her current phone number. I suppose she'll receive a wake-up call when she tries to make a purchase with her Discover Card in the near future and it has been deactivated to prevent further fraud. Ya know, now that I have her last name I should just search for her new number online, ring her and say: "Girl, your credit is about to bite the bullet. Contact Discover Card a.s.a.p. Oh, and by the way, call your mother!"


Ms.B

No comments: