Yahoo! reports that the Chinese have come up with a genius idea for cleaning up their most polluted lake. They are releasing almost 2 million fish fry into the water. Fry that feed off of algae that is making the water uninhabitable for the animals that are at the lake.
Judging by the picture accompanying the article, this is a grand idea. The algae on the water almost looks like green grass you could walk over. I pity the ignorant pedestrian who discovers that isn't the case, the hard way. *SPLASH*
As I read the first half of the article I was thinking what a great idea this was. The further I read, the more disturbed I became though. Apparently, when the fish have matured the plan is to have local fishermen catch them and the sales of the fish to the general public will be double the cost it took to breed and release them in the first place. Again, smart budgeting on their end but... the article said, and I quote,: "Hundreds of factories discharge their waste into Chaohu."
And the public of China are supposed to EAT these fish?
Nasty.
They would get better nutrition from a "Nicotine Candy Bar".
Ms.B
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment