Saturday, March 21, 2009

Input Overload

I had been in my old job position for so long that I spent my days on auto-pilot. A new postion/company/field has been quite an adjustment. I really like where I am at now though. It's been such a good experience, really, that I am angry at myself for letting the fear of change hold me back for so long.

I am as pleased with The Lab now as I was during my last 'work update'.

I have only a week of official training left. It will be about 6 months before I really have it all down, I'm sure. But I'm picking up on things and I know that everything that is so confusing right now will be easy and routine in time.

Right now I am on a 4-day work week which leaves me three consecutive days off each weekend. My hope is that I can eventually move to 7-on/7-offs very soon so that I can carpool with DH. It seems rather fantastic to think that if I just picked up a few extra shifts beyond what I am used to doing, I can have a SEVEN day weekend... all the time!! Only work half the year. Seriously, how much better could it get? *dream* Oh, wait. It does get better. Once I am out of training, there will be chances to pick up overtime. And in my department, overtime pays triple. If I go in and pick up a shift sometime in the middle of one of my weekends, I will make $30+ an hour.

Sweet.

The clock is tell me that it is now almost 3 a.m.. I think it is time to get my fuzzy brained self into bed. One shouldn't blog in this state. I'm capable of writing about such silly things. Thank goodness I had the self-control to limit myself to work... this time.

Ms.B

No comments: