I passed him twice before I realized I knew those eyes. The scruffy hair, beard and glasses were new to me... but the baby face behind them... so familiar.
Instead of approaching him and saying 'hello' I went to the company website and looked up his profile. I had to be sure he was 'him', ya know? Yes, yes. There he was. The name was right and the year-old picture on the server more closely resembled the old college buddy in my memories.
Finally, this morning as I was leaving work, I threw aside my shy feelings and approached him. We grinned like fools as we chatted for a few minutes. He's more quiet now. The bounce is missing from his step and he seems really tired. Maybe stressed?
I'm always glad to see old friends, but its hard when reality kills the memory. I will no longer think of him as the sweet, laughing, eager boy he used to be. Of course, there is always the hope that he was just having an off-day. Only time will tell.
Ms.B
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment