Ms.B's Deep Dark Confession #3: I hate the damn dogs next door!
About three months after we bought the Haven, the family who had been renting the home next door moved away and the property was vacant for a few months. Recently a new group of people moved in. So far I've counted four adults, 6-8 children, 4 dogs
*POP* goes a board.
*FIZZ* goes my temper.
So a project that I thought could be ignored until mid-summer is suddenly an issue that must be addressed immediately. Damn dogs! The sad thing is that we aren't sure who owns the house next door so we can't approach them to see if they'll pay for half the cost of new fencing. Chances are that they'd avoid doing it since they aren't there to enjoy it themselves anyhow. The plus side is that we can now just put up fresh slats on our side and not worry about what their side looks like. *insert evil laughter here*
I guess in the big scheme of things its not a big deal to repair everything a little early. We'll be able to enjoy the finished product for more of the warm season this way and there will be no fear of sending three dogs out for a potty break only to find a fat, satiated pit-bull, licking his chops, waiting for me when I go to call them back in.
And once the fence is done there shouldn't be any major expenses in the near future of our home. *knock on wood* At least not the kind that can be planned.
Damn Dogs.








No comments:
Post a Comment