At first glance today seemed as if it would be a typical Saturday. I spent a few hours at work monitoring some rehab issues with the residents. I took the DH and the monkey with me so that we could could head right to puppy class at the end of the shift. Monkey went around the building and greeted everyone with his typical "kisses and love" style which made me proud. Growing up with an anti-social dog made me appreciative of a pet that is willing to bound into a total stranger's arms with little hesitation-- provided the fore-mentioned stranger is prepared to have a puppy bound into their arms, of course.
Puppy Class went well. I've gushed about it on this blog before so I'll contain myself a tad. Being the proud mamma, however, it must be stated that the monkey is the smartest little pooch I've ever owned. He sits, lays down, shakes a paw, Sneaks(crawls) and is now learning "roll over". *sigh* What fun we've had in that class. Next week is graduation. Not sure if we'll be signing up for the Intermediate Level.
After dropping Gus off at home, we next headed to the local hardware store to order the carpet for our basement and pick up some supplies for fixing the fence. This year's tax returns are being put to great use. The nasty, stinky brown carpet in the basement is going far, far away. It will be replaced by a nice Berber carpet called "Caramel". It's light enough that the basement will feel bright, but has enough color and pattern to hide a multitude of sins. PERFECT for a family full of animals, myself included.
The real adventure began when we arrived home after our shopping spree. Somehow, the pipe where all the water and sewage exits our home has become clogged and all our waste and water is now overflowing into our laundry room.
EWWWWWW!!
Not sure what happened, but we've narrowed the location of the plug down to a small area and my Daddy is coming tomorrow afternoon to save the day with his handy-dandy snake tool. At least, that is the plan. All fingers are crossed that a plumber won't have to be called since that could cost a pretty penny and we spent all the pretties we had on the carpet that will be installed in a couple of weeks. Oye!
Fortunately, we've discovered that if we avoid flushing toilets and running sink water, nothing pours from the pipe. We should be able to survive until tomorrow without those things though we'll have to miss church. I can't go without a shower and I'll be !@#$%#ed if I'm gonna rinse off with the garden hose in order to get cleaned up to go. What a great excuse for playing hooky! Ha.
We can stay home and work on the back fence instead.
Ms.B
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment