Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Let it Snow... again

Weather forcasts are sometimes our friends, other times they are our enemies. Today it is the latter. While fixing the fence, we've had to battle mother nature as well as a that blasted piece of wood. Who knew that a broken post would want to hang on to its anchor in a reataining wall so badly. With the help of our neighbor, (the owner of the damn dogs), we've managed to prep the hole for a new post. Our only obstacle now *knock on wood* is that we need to rent a drill that works on concrete so that when we mix cement and place our new post in, we can support it with some L Brackets. We can then attach the fence pieces and re-claim our yard. Of course we will continue to do all of this amid snow and rain. YUCK!!

I'm not much help since I've been fighting off getting sick for a few days. Last night I felt rather icky but I've been slightly better today. It only hits me now and then. We'll see what spending several hours outside in the storm does for my health tomorrow. I'm supposed to go back to work in the morning. Vacation is over.

*sigh*

No comments: