Wednesday, April 18, 2007

RIP evil Dog

Today, as we were working away at trying to return our fence to its upright position, the neighbor next door came out to offer some assistance. Really quite a nice guy, for the record. 3 of his dogs were in the kennel they made recently. I pointed out their playing and commented on how large the "puppy" had grown. I called the other dog in the pen "Odie" and the man corrected me saying "That's not Odie. Odie isn't here anymore". He then told us that they used to have FIVE dogs but Odie killed one of them so they took him to the pound to be put down. He then said the two remaining pit bulls shouldn't be rough housing like they were since it could lead to them hurting eachother, getting taste for blood and then killing like Odie had.

Never was the motivation to finish the fence so strong.

!!!


We're hoping that the current repairs will last long enough for us to continue our slow rebuilding. Once that is done we'll be able to anchor any other posts that are weak, ensuring that we don't have any further adventures like we did today. I feel badly for DH. He works a graveyard shift tonight and he's had NO chance for any nap today. He's exhausted already and he'll be even more tired tomorrow. I suppose I could go work a graveyard shift at work myself and offer some comfort in the form of mutual miserable status. <---I just made up that term. It will most likely cause English Majors to squirm but it makes me happy. Yay.

No comments: