Friday, April 6, 2007

Expo Adventures

Yesterday the local community college held their annual job expo. It was the first time I attended it since I took over Human Resource duties at the care center. On the positive side, things stayed semi-busy. There were more students interested in my booth than it seemed there were the last few times we attended (a few years ago when I was still the Recreation Director). The downside was that no coworkers went with me. I sat there all alone except for 45 minutes near lunchtime when a friend came over to bring me more brochures and applications. Mr. PBM arrived shortly before the end to see what was going on but didn’t stay long. The short stay could be added to the positive side list, I suppose.

Already, I would deem this expo a success, especially compared to previous ones, since I have scheduled my first interview resulting from yesterday’s efforts. Monday morning will hopefully yield some new additions to our staff. They really need some help on the floor. I am praying that the new additions will be made to feel welcome. Let’s all cross our fingers! If newcomers are chased away I am going to approach the supervisor and gesture to my ass.

Do you see this? I sat on it for 8 hours trying to reel you in some caring people! Now you can kiss it!

*ahem*

Some day my bitterness will go away. And then what on earth will I have to blog about?

Ms.B

No comments: