Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Adventure?

I heard it faintly in the distance... *DING DONG* At first I thought the sound was from my TV... or my computer. But I couldn't see anything on either screen that would match a bell. *DING DONG* ~BANG BANG BANG BANG!~

It finally dawned on me that someone was at my front door. I contemplated ignoring the door since I was in my undies. But as I peeked through the living room through the front window, I realized there were cops outside of my house. Then, in the distance, I could hear a loud sound. A sound that was a lot like a car horn.

HOOOOOOooooOOOoOoooOoooNK

I ran downstairs, threw on clothes, screamed at DH about there being cops at the door and ran out front. I expected there to be an accident near-by. Or someone in a neighboring yard possibly having someone try to steal their car. I wasn't going to be a very good witness. And I was mad that something like that would happen in my neighborhood since I feel so safe here.

But oh nonono... it was MY car. NO one tried to steal it. NO one crashed into it. The horn was just going off... and off... on... and on...

HOOOOOOooooOOOoOoooOoooNK

Apparently it had been honking for a good twenty minutes and after numerous neighbors tried to ring the doorbell (which neither DH or myself heard) they finally called the cops.

How.... EMBARRASSING!

To make matter worse, the two cop cars sat in front of our house for a good half hour after the horn was silenced, as the officers chit chatted while the neighbors stared. We apologized to the folks that were outside and we've removed the fuse to the horn in the car (which, inconveniently enough, needs to be emission inspected tomorrow so we'll have to put the fuse back in!) and are now trying to recover from the shame.

Stupid car!


Ms.B

No comments: