Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Glub Glub


DH brought home a new family member yesterday.

He doesn't eat much. Doesn't have much to say, either. But joy of joys, he is saving us from the one issue about the Haven that I detest (besides the state it was built in). The tap water in our home is like a 3-course meal. Great for the veggies in our garden. We have HAPPY tomato plants each summer. But for human consumption... ewwww!

But no longer. Our future is bright!

CRISP CLEAN WATER!! No more plastic bottles from the store. No panic if the last soda is pulled from the fridge. No desperately hoping that the flavor packets I added will cover the mineral taste if I mix enough in!

The best part is that if we had purchased the unit brand new it would have been $300. Ksl.com's classified section had this little buddy of ours for a mere $20. He cleaned up like new, holds five gallons of water and a store nearby will sanitize and fill him for only a couple of dollars each time we drink the tank dry. He chills/heats water and does a bubbly dance every time we fill up our glass.

We've affectionately named him "Glub Glub" and given him a place of honor in our tiny kitchen.

*GULP----- belch*

The picture here is the one from the classified add DH found. I'm too lazy to take a shot of him in new surroundings.

He's so cute!

*does victory lap around the yard*

1 comment:

DH said...

I LOVE YOU GLUB GLUB!

- DH