
This week's theme is "Toppings".
While not necessarily a "sauce topping" of any type, my topic does indeed rest 'on top' of the foods it adorns... so let's all pretend that it applies, shall we?
I adored maraschino cherries when I was little. My parents still love telling the story of the time we had a barbecue with our neighbors back when I was about 9 years old. My family was assigned to bring ice cream sundaes and when dessert rolled around, they realized that they had left the jar of maraschino cherries in the fridge at home. We were only next door so they sent me over to get them.
On the way back I couldn't resist popping one into my mouth and savoring the sticky sweetness. I quickly realized I might be in trouble if I ate the cherries before I got back to the party so I impulsively pulled the sucked-on cherry from my mouth and put it back in the jar. It blended in just fine with the other cherries once it was back in the juice. Moments later I had another one in my mouth. I couldn't resist the delicious flavor. Again, I put the cherry back unscathed. By the time I reached the neighbors' house again I had sucked on every one of those darn cherries. And I didn't tell anyone I had done it!! At least not until later that night when we were at home. I confessed my sins to my parents in full detail, and to their credit, they kept a straight face as I shared the tale. Thankfully, my neighbors had great senses of humor as well, or so my parents told me. Apparently they all split a gut laughing when they were told of my little 'deed'.
Oh, the shame.
Ms.B








5 comments:
That's an amazing story!!! lol
Thanks for joining in.
hahahha! Is that for real?! Silly girl. Just drink the juice stuff next time. I'm so glad I wasn't invited to that party. Gross! *wink*
-smarmoofus
O, the shame indeed!
That's a great story. :-)
MommyWizdom
I'm not sure I'll ever want to eat one of those again LOL Happy WW
EEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! :p
Post a Comment