Today, on the way to work, I had another opportunity to play my "Crazy Driver Intervention" game that I blogged about at the beginning of the year.
Shortly after my exit from the freeway, a white truck began to weave around everyone desperately trying to find an open route so that he could speed. As he tore through the School Crossing zone, I thanked my lucky stars that no children were present. A few seconds later he was out of site and I continued my way to work. Only a minute later, I reached a stop light and waited to make my right-hand turn behind a few other drivers. I could see a white truck stopped along side the road up just around the corner and wondered if the speeder had run out of gas. As I worked my way up to the corner I noticed a woman laying on the ground, holding her arms to her body and writhing in pain. Two men were standing over her, one of which was talking animatedly on his cell phone. From the look of the situation it is pretty safe to bet that the white truck struck the woman as she was starting to cross the street.
I wonder if the driver of that truck still feels that a quick arrival to wherever he was going was more important than that woman's life, or the lives of the other drivers that he wrecklesly passed before he got to her.
I also have a sense of guilt. I could have done my intervention techniques and kept him stuck behind me if I had wanted but today I wasn't in a sassy mood.
I simply let him pass.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment