Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I am Woman, Hear me Roar

I was in the Jimmy, almost out of the parking lot yesterday before it dawned on me that Worm Girl, who I had walked out of the building with, was now standing by her car looking rather dejected. I rolled down the window and asked if she was okay. Apparently she had left her lights on and her battery was now dead.

Oh no!

Feeling a little apprehensive, I pulled into the space beside hers and we both opened our hoods. Then I retrieved my jumper cables.

Although we had the cables, I had never been the one to actually attach them and make another car "go". With all the courage we could muster we put positive to positive and negative to negative on our respective batteries and then, crossing our fingers, we started her car.

"Vroooom!", it said.

Never were two girls so proud of themselves. *preen*

Maybe some day we'll be brave enough to tackle a flat tire!

No comments: