So today, Christmas Day, I am going to be a lazy slob. It is my gift to myself. The DH is sleeping. Worked a NOC last night to earn extra holiday pay. What a trooper. I need to stay quiet so he can rest. I plan to waste time by hopping on the "City of Heroes" game and fighting crime. Too bad I couldn't channel my hero's powers for the past few days. Just think what could have been accomplished if Ms. Behaved had 'super speed'!
Monday, December 25, 2006
All is Well, All is Well
If there had been a musical track for the background of the past couple of days here in the Haven, it would have been "Flight of the Bumble Bee", by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov . In hindsight, it is great that we had the motivation to finish so many projects. The house looks great. Today, right now, is the blissful moment that I told myself to look forward to while working my butt off for the last 48 hours. The good angel on my right shoulder told me: "Relax, don't panic. Once this is all done and the party is over, you'll be so greatful that you've accomplished so much!" The devil on my left, however, was more a true reflection of my inner thoughts: "Dammit! This sucks. I'm never moving again. Redecorating a house is a pain in my ass. ARG. Oh, puppy, you better not even THINK about pissing on that floor. I've just spent four hours cleaning it and it took two, count em, TWO trips to Walmart on the eve of Christmas Eve to take back that damn rug shampooer. Curse all that be for us forgetting that stupid stair attachment and having to make a return trip!"
So today, Christmas Day, I am going to be a lazy slob. It is my gift to myself. The DH is sleeping. Worked a NOC last night to earn extra holiday pay. What a trooper. I need to stay quiet so he can rest. I plan to waste time by hopping on the "City of Heroes" game and fighting crime. Too bad I couldn't channel my hero's powers for the past few days. Just think what could have been accomplished if Ms. Behaved had 'super speed'!
So today, Christmas Day, I am going to be a lazy slob. It is my gift to myself. The DH is sleeping. Worked a NOC last night to earn extra holiday pay. What a trooper. I need to stay quiet so he can rest. I plan to waste time by hopping on the "City of Heroes" game and fighting crime. Too bad I couldn't channel my hero's powers for the past few days. Just think what could have been accomplished if Ms. Behaved had 'super speed'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment