Friday. The last day of work before a glorious, though all too short weekend. There is nothing quite as satisfactory as a Friday. The Friday before Christmas however, is quite a bit less relaxing than others have been. It is Christmas in our new house. Our first Christmas in the new house. Bless mother’s heart for suggesting we have our family Christmas celebration at our place. I’m sitting here at work, where the focus should be on.. well, WORK, and the only thought in my brain is the checklist of tasks I need to complete before the Haven will be ready for a visit from my mother.
I love my mom. I really do. We have a lot in common. Too much in common. When two people with too much in common get together, the chances of a clash are high enough that you dare not bet against it. She will see every flaw. "Oh, Is a crack on the ceiling the new style these days?" Red-heads such as myself can only bite our tounges for so long before hell-fire and brimstone fly from our mouths and we rip someone a new a-hole. My home must be perfect for her visit! AHH!! My dear husband (DH) has a honey-do list a mile long and I’ve made one for myself as well. I think the chances of me finishing everything on it are slim to none. But I will try. My house will be sparkling and ready for a party when my family arrives…. And I will be in a corner somewhere, rocking back and forth while in the fetal position, sweaty and twitchy, ready to celebrate.
Ms. B








1 comment:
Tee Hee Hee... You go girl
Post a Comment