Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pretty, Sparkling Snow

I am a person who thrives on inspiration, on beauty, on the small things in life. Snow is on the ground, and as much as I hate cold and wet, it is beautiful. The parking lot at work is a busy place. Buses, vans and cars are constantly on the move. Moving around the 60 residents who live here at the care center. The building is old and the owner of the facility tends to prefer price over quality when it comes to hiring a snowplow company to keep the employees’ paths to their offices free of slippery horror. Right next to my regular parking spot is a small planting area. It contains a few miss-matched bushes and old wood chips but it is one of the only unmarred areas in the parking lot. As I stepped out of my car this morning, the sun was twinkling off of the snow in that planting bed. I took the long way around to keep from making ugly footprints through it.


No comments: