Rain was coming down in sheets today during the drive to work. Horrible weather couldn't get me down though because, although cold and rain are not favorite weather conditions of mine, it is Friday. Friday, plus I had some fun music playing on the radio and a warm cup of cocoa in my drink holder. Happy day.
About half way through my 30 minute trip I was annoyed to realize that my cell phone was vibrating in my pocket.
Who the hell is calling me before 9:00 a.m. on a Friday?
I decided it must be my wonderful Daddy calling to give me an update on the new tires he has ordered for my vehicle so I risked life and limb to reach under the seatbelt and extract my phone while driving one-handed on the freeway in a huge storm.
WEEEEEEEE! FUN!
I didn't recognize the number on the I.D. when I finally managed to work the phone free of my pocket but since I'd gone to all the trouble of retrieving it, I picked up anyway.
Ms.B: (in a slightly annoyed voice) "Hello?"
Mystery Person: "Waa wah waah mrstchll,wah?"
Ms.B: "Pardon me? I couldn't hear you."
Mystery Person: "Is wah wah wah MICHELLE MITCHELL?"
Ms.B: *rolls eyes* *gnashes teeth* *composes herself* "Uh, no. This hasn't been her phone number for over 2 years!"
Mystery Person: Oh... sorry. Thank you!
*CLICK*
...GAH! Maybe I better change my phone number. Sheesh!! Except, then I'd probably get calls for someone named Frank, or Billy, or Joe. And I'd miss my long chats with Michelle's mother. O.o
Ms.B
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment