Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Warm Fuzzies

Today the Program Director asked me to run an advertisement for staff in the local newspaper, which made me very happy. Running an add means that I get to call Paul.

Paul has been the facility contact for what seems like forever. Each time I call in to run advertisements we spend a minute or two gabbing about life. He knew when I got engaged, bought a house, and other such milestones. He gives me updates on his home remodeling, his boyfriend, and other adventures he's having. Once we played the "What I'd Guess You Look Like Based on Your Voice" game. I was surprisingly accurate. He was pretty close as well. Nice.

I've never actually met the man, and probably never will, but we chat as if we've been friends all our lives when I call in an advertisement (which is usually at least once a month.)

Though its smart to assume he has a good working relationship with all the accounts he places ads for I've always suspected I was a favorite of his and today I received my validation.

When he realized it was me on the phone he became very animated.

I've been thinking about you! They re-arranged some of the accounts here at the paper and they were going to assign you to another person! (Ms.B: *GASP* *heart attack*) I told them that they could NOT take you because you were a good friend of mine. So I am still your contact! Yay!

It just might go down in history as the most sincere and sweet compliment that any gay man has ever paid a married woman he never met.

Ms.B

No comments: