I have meant to post something along these lines for a few days now, and with recent events unfolding as they have, I decided I had procrastinated enough.
I can't begin to express how proud I am of my my little brown wiener dog. Chloe was rescued from an abusive home a few years ago after biting some small kids when they were picking on her. Although she seems to be a new dog now, I was a little cautious about having her around my toddling niece the past week. No need to fret! She was an angel. A complete and utter angel. She was cute. She was sweet. She was brown. She was doggie. She was a good girl!! At long last I felt at ease with her and thought I had done some good in the dog world.
Less than 48 hours after our company was gone, disaster struck. Not in the form of her misbehaving, mind you. She's a sweetheart, still.
Chloe. My little brown wiener!
Yesterday she went 'down'. I know that dachshunds are prone to this but we'd been taking precautions to avoid it and it really caught us off guard. We whisked her off to the emergency clinic and they have put her on steroids, muscle relaxers and pain meds. We are doing physical therapy with her and manually helping her empty her bladder. But even with all this, there is only about a 25% chance she'll regain some use of her hind legs. We can't afford $5000 for surgery. Heck, we can't even afford $600 for a wheelchair for her. So, unless a miracle happens, we will have to put her down soon.
Folks who are physically capable of birthing children probably won't see the disaster in this situation. Perhaps to them this is 'just another dog'. But Chloe is my little girl. Almost a daughter to me. And this situation is just tearing my poor little heart in two.
My poor baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment