Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Routines are hard to break!

This morning we discovered just how easy it actually is to help Chloe express her bladder. Apparently all it takes is for DH to lift her up to carry her somewhere and :::WHOOSH::: she pees! Poor DH. And poor me who was sitting on the floor beneath her wiping up smeared dry poopies. DH got the very worst of it. (*cackles with glee*) But at least we've seen her wee and poo now and that makes us feel better. She still can't use her hind legs. She struggles to pull herself around on those short front paws. It's not the most coordinated looking process but if you give her enough time she moves... barely. Today, for instance, she was in the bathroom (where we're kenneling her while she's needing rest) and I was in the room next door checking my e-mail. I glanced over to see her dragging herself into the office. I picked her up, figuring she was 'empty' and therefore safe to lift, and set her on the blue dog bed in the corner of the room. Minutes later Chloe couldn't stand it anymore. She dragged herself over to the floor beneath my desk and flopped down on my feet. That's 'her spot', ya know? And then she began to lick the carpet there. A nasty desire we've never been able to break her of.

I guess old habits are hard to break. Even when you are broken.

Ms.B

No comments: