Sunday, January 18, 2009

Zoom Zoom Zoom...




So it's not a Mazda. In fact, there is no room for a motor, but it sure does the trick for helping Chloe get around the house. She doesn't look to pleased in this photo but keep in mind this was following a bath and nail trim which has always pissed her off in the past.

Truth be told, her chariot is a Hannah Montana skateboard that my dad picked up from a local store for about $12 and altered to create this fine piece of art.

Poetry Chloe in motion.

Ms.B

2 comments:

mindy said...

In all the time I worked at a vet's office, I'd have never thought to make a contraption for those poor doggies!!

Ms.Behaved said...

It's sheer genius, really. After all, the ones you purchase from the main companies are all hundreds of dollars, and because of her low profile, the chairs all have wheels out to the sides which makes maneuvering a nightmare for them.

This "wheelie", as I call it, turns on a dime and Chloe can fit into super small spaces. It's great. Plus it was so cheap! And so far, its not creating any sores or rub marks on her belly, which is something I've been watching for. And she's gaining the use of her hind legs again. Limited, of course, but at least she's feeling more herself. She can lift her hind paws up enough that they don't drag along like dead weight.

Super Dog! She needs a cape!