Tuesday, January 13, 2009

As the World Turns...

these are the days of my life....


I'd been thinking life was a little dull lately. Not bad. Not change-worthy. But not exciting enough to blog about. Recent events have changed that. Now I'm not even sure where to begin. Each of these topics could be an entire entry in their own right. But instead I will condense them together since my inspiration for blogging has faded as of late and I don't want to lose steam before I share everything.



#1) Chloe. Still broken. But she can now wag her tail. Progress! We've decided to wait until her pain meds run out before making a decision on her long-term potential in our home. My father made her a "wheelie" (VIDEO to come if I can get my act together!) and we hope to help her settle back into a routine very soon. For now she's still stuck in the bathroom where she can continue to heal without wizzing all over our carpets.


#2) I've been sick. Not just "Oh, the flu" sick. No no. It's the embarassing sick that you can't go to work with. Must. Stay. Near. Pottie. I won't go into further detail for fear I'll scar someone for life. No fun. But I've had distraction in the form of:


#3) Mischief/Worm Girl. She began reading the book series "Twilight" and has discovered her inner teenager. It's cute. She giggles! She beams. She GLOWS over those books (and movie! "Hello Doctor!). I've NEVER seen her act like this before. If only there was a way to bottle this effect. I'd be rich. RICH!!

#4) ZINGER of the week. I no longer have two brother-in-laws. I only have one. The second has decided he she prefers to be a sister-in-law. Being as far away as we are from DH's family, it won't affect us as dramatically as it will the rest of his family. In general they will be very supportive, I think, though you can never predict how someone will react to news like this. "I'm going to tell you something very important, but first, you must promise not to punch me!"

I hope by the time we go to visit, she's living in her new form so that its easier to call her "Jordanna", as she wishes. I won't be as liable to slip up and call her by her former male name if she's looking feminine. Apparently she will continue to be married to her current wife even after all changes go into effect. Is "transgender lesbian" a proper term? Obviously I'm rather ignorant to such a life style but I suppose I will get a crash course in the near future. Am I really so cool about it as to mention it on this blog and not be totally freaking out? I have no idea. I only just received the news today. Perhaps I'll leave the "!! ?? !! !#@$!@#$"s to Jordanna's ex-wife and grandparents. After all, she told DH on the phone today that she felt that out of all the sister-in-laws, I'd be the one who was the most understanding and accepting of the situation. How can I get all wierded-out when such a compliment has been payed to me?

I'm understanding. I'm accepting. *preen*

Besides, I only have to sit back and let her be who she feels she is happiest as. She has to change her entire life around (work, school, KIDS, ex-wife, current wife, etc....) and re-program her family to accept who she is. Get them to acknowledge who she is now and realize she doesn't want to be who she was before.

I am normally a very sympathetic and empathetic person. I can usually put myself in someone's position to get an idea of how they are feeling. But I have NO idea what it must be like to feel you are trapped in the wrong body.

Every time I type "she" on this entry my brain back-fires and tells me that is wrong. Not "wrong" morally, necessarily. Just not the right way to refer to the loud, broad-shouldered, MANLY brother-in-law I had up until this morning's breaking news.

I hope she is at least a PRETTY woman. For her sake. Though, if she looks better than me in tights and heels, I will kick her ass!

Ms.B

No comments: