Monday, January 21, 2008

Me Scared.

It is time to leave work. Clock out and be free for the evening. But after the 95 minute commute this morning I am nervous about the drive home. By now they must have plowed and salted, right? Sure hope so.

This morning's drive was full of adventure.

Totals:

6: Number of semis who splattered snow onto the windshields of the cars in front of me causing them to veer into another lane.

4: Number of cars I saw slide off the road entirely.

2: Number of cars that just decided to stop right there in the middle of the road, causing me to have to go around them.

1: Number of streets that were plowed BEFORE I had to drive on them. (Keep in mind I normally spend 30 minutes in my car to get to work. It's a long drive.)

2: The number of plows I saw on my way to work that were actually PLOWING a road. (There were right in front of the Care Center so I almost don't want to count them.)

1: The number of plows that tried to KILL ME on the way to work. If my wheels hadn't spun a bit and kept me from getting traction I would have been IN that intersection when the plow blew through his red light. --And NO, he was not plowing the road at the time, the bastard.


....

I suppose I will give it a go. If my blog entries stop after tonight, SEND HELP!

1 comment:

Lil Mischief Maker said...

I know what you're talking about, they didn't plow my street until 4:30pm. Remember I was stuck, but I got a snow day with 16 inches of snow. I hate being cold as much as I ate being too hot.