Thursday, January 17, 2008

Political Mumbo Jumbo

An election year is upon us.

SHIT.

I hate politics. In a conversation amongst friends and strangers I can keep up with most topics. But as soon as things gear towards a political slant my eyes glaze over and I begin to drool on myself. --Bored. Outta. My. Mind.

Many theories exist as to why this happens. The first is that I like to hide in my own little Utopia of life and ignore the drama in the world. Pretty sure this is true. Why stress over horrible situations when I feel like I have no control over fixing them anyway? I know, its a cop-out. But at least I acknowledge it.

Another theory is that I am lazy. This too could be very true. After all, one should not vote unless they are up-to-date on the platforms of each candidate. And I don't WANNA research all that.

But the most accurate theory is that I am full of too much empathy. I could listen to debates for two or three people and see things their way every time. I mean, each person running is going to have great ideas and stupid ideas. And, with few exceptions, I think that they all balance each other out in the end.

_______________

Candidate #1: Come join us in our quest. The grass is greener on our side of the fence.
Ms.B: Oooh, pretty green grass. I like green grass.
Candidate #2: No, no! Come join us on our side. Not only is brown grass a nice change of pace but we are conserving water too!
Ms.B: Oooh!

_______________


Ms.B

No comments: