No No NONONO!! was my parents' reply when I begged for the kitten the first time I first saw her.
You have too many animals already! Give us a grand baby instead!
Each time the DH and I have visited their home I've pointed out Tink and said "That's MY kitty." And each time they've shook their heads and rejected my
I'd sit there on the floor playing with Tink (nickname from.. I know not where), Cutie Face (because she has one) and Howler (because she does) and just dream of kittiness. I'd give my parents lots of helpful advice on the cats and just pray they'd catch on at what a great animal mommy I am. Words can't express the pride I felt when the mommy cat wanted my water-softened kitten kibble more than the sliced turkey my dad was offering her. And I helped the kittens start their weening process also, which made me happy. But still... no kitty for me! *WAAH*
Yesterday I finally resigned myself to the fact that I was likely INSANE to want another cat. After all, I was the one who was so against getting Fluffy last year. Why should I protest a third cat and then beg for a fourth? Makes no sense, right?
DH doesn't know since he's at home sound asleep, but my mother just called and gave me permission to take Tink. PROVIDED that I also take Cutie Face and help her find a good home. Heaven help us if we ended up bonding to her and can't give her up. AHH!! Five CATS? Howler, for the record will be staying with my parents. They will spay her and she and her mommy can live happily ever after, hunting the mice that keep trying to live in my daddy's shop. Wonder if she'll end up with a better name than "Howler".
My head is spinning.
Ms.B
meow








No comments:
Post a Comment