She wants a job so badly that she left me a message at both 2:17 p.m. (marked URGENT) as well as 2:19. Yet when I called her back I got her voice mail.
I left a message saying the position she was applying for was filled.
Darn.
_____________________________________________________________________
She tried to be a friend to me, perhaps because of her residual guilt. But what I really needed was for her to be my mother again.
_____________________________________________________________________
She saw someone struggling and retrieved a tissue box. Brought it before most others even realized her friend was crying.
_____________________________________________________________________
It's amazing how much faster the yearly meetings seem to go when they are for residents you love extra much.
_____________________________________________________________________
His old caseworker used to say she was sad to see him doing poorly and would leave to visit him at the psych hospital... only she'd go to the mall instead.
His new caseworker saw early signs of him possibly needing to return to the psych hospital and cried in front of all her co-workers because it touched her heart. I doubt you'll find her at a mall if she says she's going to go visit him.
_____________________________________________________________________
She's a spoiled rotten brat. Seeing her with her parents, you can tell how she got that way. If she doesn't have everything "just so" she freaks out and frequently tries to hurt others.
Yesterday she was playing Connect Four in the parlor by herself and I stopped to watch. After a while I asked if I could drop one of the plastic coins in a slot. We ended up playing until dinner time.
For that 45 minutes I really really liked her.
_____________________________________________________________________
Carolyn and Caroline are not the same name, nor are they pronounced the same way.
_____________________________________________________________________
I doodle on scrap paper a lot during meetings. I noticed the other day that most of my drawings are of snails. I wonder if these pictures are my way of subliminally stating how slow most meetings seem to go.
Ms.B
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment