I’d love to say my immediate family was full of traditional moments, but when I think of food traditions it is my Grandmother who first comes to mind. She’s in her mid-90s now (born in 1915), yet looks the same as she did when I was a child. Sometimes it seems like she’s not aging, though I know I can’t keep her forever.
“Food Traditions” as a theme makes me think of being at her house in Wyoming as a child. Baking bread together in her kitchen. Mustard Pickles. Bottled Peaches. Home-made Taffee-- when you burned your fingers to hell and back but you didn’t care because the results tasted so good!
Right now my sentimental side thinks “Grandma” when it comes to memories like this, but somehow I suspect that as I get older, and possibly have a child of my own some day, that my memories of dad and his “amazing fruit salad” and my mom and her “Stack Ons” will also come to mind. And maybe, if you are lucky, a future theme will allow me to share those recipes with you. You’ll be super happy if I do! :D
Ms.B








3 comments:
Great entry Mrs B! Thanks for participating.
I love your dad's fruit salad
- Husband
I need to know what mustard pickles are! NEED.
I envy you. I don't have fond memories of preparing food with anybody. I don't know where I obtained my (admittedly-limited) skills in the kitchen, but it wasn't from a family tradition.
Thoughtful post, Ms. B. Also, I love you. *mwah!*
-smarmoofus
Post a Comment