Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tasty Tuesday -Week 2

Party Food!

In the spirit of a brand new year's celebration, the theme this week for Tasty Tuesday is PARTY FOOD!

Having grown up in a rather conservative environment, I admit my thoughts on the types of food and drink served at a party are very boring tame compared to what might be offered at a standard New Years celebration. When I think of parties I think of chips & salsa, popcorn, cheese & crackers, brownies, and soda. Lots of soda. Mostly Rootbeer and other caffeine-free options. If the person who hosted the parties of my youth was a real rebel we'd have the 'good stuff' like Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper and Pepsi! Woo!

I'm happy to announce that even without alcohol involved, the friends at these parties seemed to get as rowdy and exciting as the average person would at a party fueled by beer. Although... by the end of the night there was less nudity... and no one drove home (or into a tree) drunk.

This year I'm not sure where I'll be when we ring in 2010. There are a couple of options. I still don't drink alcohol. It's just not my 'thing'. I also don't eat a lot of sugar. DH and I have been avoiding it for over half a year and our health is vast improved. (He's lost 50 pounds!)

If I'm wild and crazy that night, it will be because I ate too many tortilla chips. WACKY ME!

Ms.B


1 comment:

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Your upbringing sounds a lot like mine with no caffeine. We called forbidden pepper WW salt. I love the stuff. I must have grown up deprived because it goes into every thing I cook now for it's healing properties of course :). But I'm still sans alcoholic and caffeine and flesh, but do have a thing for chocolate and carob both.