Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rumblings in the Underground

The Program Director is leaving. Gone. Quit.

And in the process of finding his replacement we've discovered that he hand-picked his replacement and began telling people about it long before they finished the interview process. How sad for the other people who thought they had a chance. So interesting that it happens to be his girlfriend best friend in that office. The one who kisses his ass left and right. What a shocker!

I really hope she does a great job. I'm a little hesitant about the situation since she's the type of person who is always right. And if you don't agree with them, you are wrong.

I suppose, in the end, it will all work out great for me, really.

Either she'll be better than I am giving her credit for (Oh, please, oh please!)

or

she'll be exactly as I fear and finally give me the motivation I need to find a job closer to the Haven. Which would keep me from spending over an hour in the car each day.

....

You know, I really do enjoy my job. At times its stressful, many times its fun. But the drive is hell. I'm scared to try something new. After all, job security is kind of necessary with us having a home and life to maintain. But I'm so stressed lately. I might need a change. Hopefully its just a "phase" and by next week I'll love my job again.

No comments: