Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wishing for Friday

Normally my desire for Friday is due to a longing for weekend relaxation. Today the cause of it is a desire for Cutie Face to be off to her new home.

She's sweet.
She's adorable.
She's fluffy.
She's spunky.
...
She's a fifth cat.

I think, space wise, we could keep up with five cats in the long run. But I am strongly feeling that four is going to be perfect. Basil and Gizmo are "okay" with the kittens but Fluffy doesn't want to talk about it at ALL. She took her spay surgery better than she is taking the arrival of these two little kittens. She won't even come upstairs. Her whole day consists of hiding in the basement and shooting evil glares towards us when we call her name.

I will miss Cutie Face when she's gone. Her new family BETTER be good to her. But I really wish they could have picked her up sooner. Stockton is settling in beautifully. Half the time he plays he's on his own, self-entertaining anyway. I'm ready to create a REAL routine for him and move on with everyday zoo life at the Haven. Once Stockton is confident in his surroundings and starts being able to use the "big kid" litter boxes in the basement I think Fluffy will relax a little and enjoy having a new playmate. Two new kitties is just too much for her little brain to comprehend.

She's probably plotting my doom.

No comments: