Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Allow me to boast

Since the only real blog entry I've made concerning my two siblings was a long rant about how my brother is a loser, I decided I should share their recent triumphs so as to give a fair report.

My brother has a new, better job now. Yes, I know he's not at the main job he had before which means that yet again he left a place with little or no warning. However, I kind of understand why he did it this time and now he is working at a restaurant called the "Olive Garden". Those of you who have eaten there will know what a step up this is from the 24-hour diner he was in before. He's earning up to $150 a night in tips alone and is really making it on his own. Good boy.

My sister is about to be a senior in High School. The last month of the school year is always the yearly art festival. On a whim, she decided that she'd enter a drawing. Basically she snatched up something she had done recently, put it on a mat, and submitted it. The result--- best in show. Wow. She's really that good. I need to get her to do a sketch for me so I will have something to sell on eBay when she becomes famous. :0

*****

I am trying to focus on the positives lately. Recently, I learned that my cousin, the author, has been diagnosed with liver cancer. I was also told that my 90-something year-old grandmother is showing signs of losing her marbles. Scary. Sad.


Ms.B

No comments: