My bladder is an odd duck. There is no rhyme or reason for why it acts the way it does. Some days, I think it must be on vacation because it never wants to "go". Other days, I'd better have a good book handy because I'm living in the bathroom.
This morning, at 4:30, 5:25, 6:00, and 7:20 a.m., it woke me up and told me it needed a little trip down the hall to the bathroom. The first two times I gave in. The second two, I was pissed (no pun intended) and didn't want to leave the snug comfort of my bed. A battle of wills ensued with the bladder twinging and hiccuping wilding in an effort to get my attention, and me laying stubbornly in bed, not wanting to get up. The battle accomplished two things. #1: I taught my bladder who was boss. Me, Dammit, ME!! and #2: I got no sleep from about 6:00 on. I just tossed and turned, much to the horror of my DH who was laying beside me in the bed. Finally, at about 7:30 I got up and made my trip to the porcelain throne. Still very tired at this point, I managed to trip over all three of the cats as they each darted in between my dragging feet. At last I made it to the bathroom. Ah,.... relief.
I managed to get ready for work as quickly as possible but wasn't moving as fast as I would have liked. I shuffled to the bedroom for my clothes, only to realize that the shirt I wanted to wear was in another room. Of course, as luck would have it, the shirt I was planning to wear was horribly wrinkled and so I tossed it into the clothes dryer in an attempt to flatten it out a bit. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to wash my socks. Poor DH. I stole his last pair of clean black tube socks. Hope he doesn't need to wear them today. (Shhhh, don't tell him!) I eventually found enough clean clothes to wear and put myself together.
After discovering I had nothing to take for a lunch, I headed for the front door. "Wait a sec, it seems like I've forgotten something... OH! My cell phone!" I tossed my purse, keys and bottle of water on the chair near the door and back down the stairs I went to find it.
At long last the cell phone was located, and its was time to go. So I kissed the DH goodbye, scratched the animals on the head, scooped up my purse and other items from the chair and headed towards the car. As I reached my vehicle I grabbed the T.V. remote and attempted to use it to open the lock. Wait. The remote? What the hell? Back to the front door I went only to find that it was locked. I rang the bell and listened to the dogs bark their brains out as I waited for DH to come to the rescue. I didn't have to say a word as I handed him the remote. I returned to the car with the sounds of his laughter ringing in my ears.
It's going to be a good day.
Ms.B
p.s. I hope I remember to do the laundry tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment