My cousin, Scott, a published author, is a professor at a University in the Rocky Mountain region. Due to the nature of his job, he has a blog where he makes amusing entries, and shares his latest art work. The other day I visited his blog and found the following story. It made me smile.
*********
The other day I went to the doctor. As normal I filled out the health history sheet. One of the questions asked about family members that have had cancer. I checked that my grandmother had had cancer.
During the office visit, the doctor said, "What kind of cancer did your grandmother have?"
"Breast cancer," I responded.
"Which side?" the doctor asked.
"I don't know." was my confused response.
At this moment, my wife and doctor begin laughing at me and I have no idea why.
Then my wife said very slowly, "Which side of the family?"
**********
Scott was recently diagnosed with Liver Cancer. He and his wife are currently making routine trips from his home to a nearby state for treatments. It's nice to see that his illness hasn't affected his sense of humor.
If anyone reading this happens to be of a religious persuasion and could keep Scott in their prayers, our family would greatly appreciate it. He has a good chance of survival, but every little bit of support helps.
Ms.B
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment