Monday, June 11, 2007

Another Monday...

Mondays in general are not my favorite day of the week so it is no surprise that a Monday when General Orientation is scheduled makes me want to tear the hair from my head. Since I have little desire to resemble the recent photos of a bald Britney Spears, I have done my best to avoid this scenario for as long as possible. Alas, I finally had to put it on the schedule.

As Human Resource Manager it is my task to create training binders, notify management and assemble all new staff to subject them to each and every one of the department supervisors here at the care center. If the new additions are lucky, they will be in a new-hire group that is outgoing and talkative and the week will fly by quickly and all will be well. If they are quiet and boring reserved the week feels like a month. I think I'm in luck this time around as the new additions seem to be rather upbeat and friendly in addition to the hoped for "outgoing and talkative". As long as the presentations they sit through manage to be exciting enough to keep them awake, I have high hopes for them all!

Luckily, my part of the training will be done at the end of tomorrow's shift. Then a co-worker will take over the MANDT portion of the training. Tuesday afternoons are always my favorite time of the week when Orientation is going on. It's like the joy you feel after the last test of the semester or the relief when the parents of a particularly naughty child return home to relieve you of babysitting duties. It's the feeling that makes you want to throw open a window and sing... or at least you would throw open a window and sing if you were Jeanette MacDonald in a 1950's musical.

"LaaaaaaaaaaHH!"

Yes, that feeling. I like that feeling.

Ms.B

No comments: