Monday, January 8, 2007

*Der* Left his brain cell at home

If smoke could come out of the ears of someone who was truely angry, I'd have set off the alarms at work today. CODE RED! CODE RED!!

Being a strawberry blonde, I enjoy the freedom of claiming "ditzy blonde" moments. Alas, I also suffer from having a side of me that I fondly refer to as Heinous Bitch! After all, red-heads have a temper, doncha know!

Heinous Bitch made an appearance today at approximately 9:00 a.m. when my carefully organized General Orientation class fell apart due to the stupidity of a co-worker, aka "The ex-boyfriend who likes Peanut Butter & Mustard sandwiches" aka Mr. PBM. A few years ago, after much annoyance with the fact that our facility didn't have a formal orientation class, I snatched an opportunity to create one and implement it. Since that day, it has been my baby. My unpredictable, naughty, sometimes rebellious baby. I do my best to keep things organized and running like clockwork and all things considered, it usually goes quite well. Today, however, my streak of happy, care-free orientations ended when Mr. PBM decided to have three staff, who were NOT on my scheduled list, show up. Sadly, I don't speak thier language, and they don't speak mine, so I was unable to tell them that I had already organized a separate training for them. They wanted to stay, and stay they did. Which left me dashing around this morning making three additional copies of the 2" thick Orientation binder that each employee receives.

The presentation for my Rehab department went quite well except that there was a corner of the room buzzing in another language, begging to copy answers they didn't understand from others' papers and disrupting the rest of the group. And trying to see things from their point of view, their dumb-ass boss told them to come to these classes. Classes they don't understand. Classes that probably make them feel a little insecure and embarassed.

STUPID MR. PBM! I really do have feelings of hatred for you today!

I think my main annoyances are for the following reasons:

* Mr. PBM has already shown signs of being an idiot in the past (Hence the reason he's my ex.)
* I HATE looking foolish (though I'm so good at it) and showing up to a scheduled training session short a few binders doesn't look good. ARG
* I came in 2 hours early this morning (aka "gave up 2 hours of sleep") so that I could make some last minute binders and organize things. If I'd known I needed 3 additional binders I'd have made the damn things. ARG ARG
*Mr. PBM is an idiot!!!
* An applogy would have decreased the anger festering deep down inside by at least 35%.
* These gals are NOT going to learn the information that they need. They are just going to coast through the next few days by copying down information and not really getting it.

All that aside, the rest of the presentations are going well so far. And with a little luck, they'll continue to do well for the next 2 days. *knock on wood* Once this class is over it will be a month or more before I am once again blogging about the drama and joys of Orientation.

Gah! Mr. PBM is an idiot.

Ms. B

No comments: