Monday, January 8, 2007

Attack of the Fertile Girls

Tomorrow will be the first gathering of the "friends from college" this year. The event: Double Baby Shower. Yes, not one but TWO of my friends are almost ready to pop. Damn Fertile Bitches! They are so cute and fun and pregnanty looking. Their babies will be adorable and sweet and smell so nice. I'm happy and excited for the party on one hand and green with envy on the other. Not just a regular green. A lime-freakin-gimmee-gimmee sort of green. BAH!

The best part of it is that I need to get gifts which means more SHOPPING. WOOO! All my envy aside, I really do look forward to the get-togethers that we have each time someone has a child. We always descend upon the home of our hostess with gifts and food galore. By the end of the night we've all promised that we're going to get together more often (!! ... right.) and reminisce about the good old days when we were all students in college and didn't have the stresses (and pleasures) of married life.

The girls I befriended in school are among the neatest people I've ever known. They've blessed my life in more ways than I can count, as corny as that sounds. But this is the last set of friends who are having their first child. The only one left without children now... is me. sigh While the other women sit in a circle and discuss the cute things that "Little Johnny" did, I will be sharing my proud stories of a monkey that knows how to 'sit'. How twisted is that? And yet, even though I am not part of the Mommy Club I will still enjoy myself. And ya know what? I really will be okay even if I am never in that club. Because deep down inside, I know that I have a good life regardless of the milestones that I may or may not have reached. So I don't have babies. I have a wonderful supportive family who cares about me. And as an extra bonus, the sweetest, sassiest, most exciting man I've ever met decided that he could tolerate marrying me and having me around forever more. How can a girl complain?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*SMOOOOOOOCH*

Ms.Behaved said...

Oh my! Shall I assume that you are my darling husband or am I now having a steamy "Blog Comment Affair"?

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh Hot.... Our comments met accros the web and it was love at first post!

- Love the mystery man

Ms.Behaved said...

Everything is all well and good as long as I don't find you across the street from my house, hidden in a fake bush and holding binoculars.